Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kismet Inn's Spring 2009 Testimonials

June 20, 2009
Shadi - Thank you for a truly unique experience, we had a wonderful time with you - thanks for the the amazing food, conversation, and hospitality. We hope to see you again!
David & Ellen H.
Farmington, Maine.

June 17, 2009
Dear Shadi, Thank you for the wonderful experience, exquisite food and absolutely beautiful accommodations. We loved your company, conversations and attention to detail. Ruby and Nika had the grandest of times here at Kismet. Nika says she, "loves the color of the housee," and Ruby says her favorite aspect is, "being able to be happy here." Our family will treasure our time with your Inn.
Il boca al lupo!
Best Regards,
Jason, Kelli, Ruby & Nika

Jason is an artist in San Fransico who did a great sketch expressing his thoughts about the inn ... that is what he does. Here is a link to his website http://www.jasonjagel.com/

Dearest Shadi,
We will never forget our lovely two days here. I so look forward to learning more about food and cooking rom you somewhere in the future. Please let us know about your coming adventures.
So much love and well wishes ~ Kelli

Kelli is Jason's wife who is a photographer in San Francisco .. here is a link to her website http://kelliyon.com/

Dear Shadi, I like to think of Kismet Inn as a secretly subversive place. In a world that values efficiency and profit above all else. You remind us that a life lived with beauty and deliberateness is what matters. Thank you for your approach to life and for sharing it with two city folks. Thank you for this wonderful weekend. You give so much rest to others and I hope you remember to take some for yourself as well. Mamnoon!
John Jameson & Alice Sue 7th June 2009
(Washington, D.C. Via Euopra, MS & Bayside, NY)

We couldn't have planned a better way to close our Maine vacation, Kismet Inn was the perfect respite. We carry with us warm memories of beautiful accommodations and our hostess. The conversations were stimulating and edifying, and we look forward to future opportunities to continue where we left off. Thank you for everything!
Tacey & Rob 31-May 2009

"A truly extraordinary experience. In our overly processed world, Shadi has taken us back to a more gentle, patient, and peaceful time. Our dinner was a wonderful combination of spices, flavors & textures from around the world; prepared & presented in a wonderful manner. Thank you Shadi..
Chris & Kim 5/27/09

Such a delightful way to spend Mother's Day with my daughter!! Everything was wonderful, especially the graciousness of the hostess. This new experience will be one of my fondest memories.
Judy Love,
Dover-Foxcroft, Maine

This most special of weekends with my daughters was so enhanced by the ambience and beauty here and the excellent food. The colors, the design of the rooms reflect the great care and love put into your inn have provided us with serenity we humbly and graciously take with us. It is our intention to come for more yoga, massage and delicious food. Thank you,
Connemara Wadsworth, 5/10/09

Dear Shadi,
We so enjoyed our weekend here! It was both restful and rejuvenating. Your food delicious and presented with warmth and care that I felt I could taste. Thank you for creating such a peaceful retreat - we look forward to returning.
Eliza Wagner 5/10/09

I leave here centered, at peace - and full of love and good food. Thank you, Shadi, for creating such a peaceful space for a delightful retreat with my mother and sister. Your warmth and hospitality topped it off.
Sarah Wagner

My dearest Shadi,
Yolanda and I thoroughly enjoyed your hospitality and charm. The kismet wonder permeated our stay from the moment we crossed your threshold. From the steamy bath and luxurious be & period furnishings, we found a way to totally unplug and to just enjoy. Our light sumptuous breakfast was such an elegant way to start off our new day. Please stay in touch as we hope to spend our honeymoon together her in the early fall, God Willing.
John Sherwood.


Dear Shadi,
Thank you so much for your kindness and hospitality. We were able to relax and nourish ourselves by resting in this beautiful space and eating your delicious food. Take good care and we hope to see you again soon.
Kara & Ben Tierrney-Trevor South Portland


Thank you so much for a wonderful overnight stay! We are so grateful for all your kindness.
Thanks Shadi! Respectfully, Doug & Nancy Rountra
Enjoy your cards, Nancy


Dear Shadi,
Thank you so much for a wonderful night and some accommodations in such short notice. Spending time with my sister is always a treat, but this was extra special.
Woodbridge, Ct. Melissa Allen
Thank you for a wonderful and restful stay. You have inspired me to challenge myself in my knitting. I'll keep you posted.
Thanks, Cynthia Delaney , Bradford, Ct.

March 26-28, 2009
Shadi, A new page in my life ~ and in yours (as the 1st guest of 2009 & after recovering from the Inn's pipe burst last winter.) Uh, oh & now a change in pen's too!!

I am a mother/wife/nurse practitioner constantly caring for others. I am come looking for a place "to be." Though I have literally not left the house for 3 days, I feel without doubt I have been on one of the farthest and most adventurous journeys of my life.

I have smelled, sipped & savored new aromas & flavors. Heard & shared stories of distant lands, all the while feeling more & more connected to the basis of humanity. I have been bathed in old world traditions ~ literally & figuratively. I have opened myself to new experiences. And all the while traveling farther and farther from the known, I have somehow come back to the me I have always known.

It was my kismet (destiny) to find this place & these people at this time in my life. I am forever grateful to you, Emily, susan, & Martha for your care.
To new beginnings,
Jennifer Pinar, Wolfeboro, NH
P.S. thanks for knitting by the fire with me! :)

No comments: